TOP FIVE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT DAN WOLK
- 1st: Dan grew up in Davis. The only city council member in decades to have done so, Dan attended Davis schools (including taking Mr. Willett himself in sixth grade) and graduated from Davis High School in 1995. Dan also participated in many of the activities children in Davis still participate in, including Rainbow Summer, AYSO, Camp Putah, Cub Scouts, Madrigals, Jazz Choir, and the Davis Children’s Nutcracker.
- 2nd: Dan has a young family. Dan is married to Jamima, a former professional triathlete and small business owner in town, and they have two daughters: Avery and Layla. It’s also been decades since someone with such a young family has served on the city council.
- 3rd: Dan is dedicated to giving back to the community that has given him so much. After graduating from college and then law school, Dan returned to the area in large part to give back to his community. He founded the Legal Clinic of Yolo County, a free legal services provider for low income families, and chaired the Davis Social Services Commission. He is, of course, currently on the city council, which he has described as the “ultimate way” to give back to the community.
- 4th: Dan has a wealth of experience. Dan holds a B.A. in economics from Stanford University and a law degree from U.C. Berkeley (Boalt Hall). After college he worked at the Federal Reserve and then the Public Policy Institute of California as a research assistant. After law school he worked with Harriet Steiner in the public law division of McDonough, Holland & Allen. He is currently a Deputy County Counsel for Solano County, handling public finance, public contracting, and water issues. Through his education and work, Dan has gained a wealth of knowledge and experience, particularly in water, economics and the laws governing local and state government.
- 5th: Yes, Dan actually has some spare time. In his spare time, Dan enjoys cycling, running, camping, hiking, watching the Oakland A’s, and spending time in the UC Davis Arboretum with his daughters.